You may notice that getting your pet fixed through HSSM’s Louise Fenner Claiborne Spay Neuter Clinic is a little different than getting your pet fixed at a local vet.
This is because HSSM’s Louise Fenner Claiborne Spay Neuter Clinic (LFCC) provides high-quality, low-cost spay/neuter through a system focused on doing MANY surgeries as inexpensively and safely as possible.
What to Expect
Calling to set up your pet’s appointment:
- All pets (with the exception of feral cats) must have an appointment to be fixed. Please call 228-863-3354 ext. 129 or 130 to book your pet’s appointment. Because the LFCC is a high-volume clinic, you may find our phone lines busy. Please leave your name and phone number and we will strive to return your call within 48 hours. If you have not heard back from us in that time frame, try us again!
- When you set up your appointment, you should receive some pre-surgery instructions. Please follow any instructions you are given in addition to the following:
- Do not allow your pet to eat after 9pm the night before the surgery water is ok.
- Bring outside pets inside the night before surgery to prevent them from “scavenging” for food.
- Please ensure your animal is clean and free of fleas and ticks. This is for the protection of the other pets in the clinic and your pet will not be able to be bathed or groomed for 10-14 days following surgery.
- Let clinic staff know if you have seen any signs of sickness in your pet. We may have to reschedule your appointment.
- All dogs MUST be brought in on a leash. If your dog has a history of aggression, please muzzle him/her before entering the clinic.
- All cats MUST be brought to the Clinic in a carrier. Each cat should have its own carrier.
Day of Surgery:
- Please arrive promptly at 7:30 am on the day of your pet’s appointment.
- Instructions for intake will be given to the entire group of waiting pet parents (which can range from 20-60 people), so being on-time is of utmost importance. Special arrangements can be made if necessary please speak with a staff member.
- After instructions are given, you will be asked to fill out an admission form for each pet.
- Please park in the front parking lot upon arrival. You will enter through the bright red-orange entrance to the Louise Fenner Claiborne Spay Neuter Clinic.
|Directions to HSSM|
Picking Up Your Pet:
- For appointments on Monday-Thursday, pick up is at 7am the following morning, unless you have made arrangements for same-day pick up (Ask for details when booking your pets’ appointment)
- For Friday and same-day-discharge appointments, pick up is at 3pm the same day.
- Again, prompt arrival is a must because post-surgery instructions will be given to the entire group of waiting pet parents.
- All pick-ups will be made at the Louise Fenner Claiborne Spay Neuter Clinic (the same place you dropped off the pet), unless you have specifically been instructed otherwise.
- Special pick-up arrangements can be made if necessary, however, without prior arrangements, a $15 boarding fee will be charged for late pick-ups because kennel space is limited.