The following are those items that HSSM uses for direct animal care purposes.
- Canned “Loaf-style” Wet Dog Food
- Canned “Paté-style” Cat Food
- Scoopable Cat Litter
- Paper Towels
- Dawn Dish Washing Liquid
- Dog & Cat Shampoo
- High-Efficiency Laundry Detergent
- Clorox Wipes
- Bath towels
- Stainless steel food/water bowls
- Laptop/Desktop Computers (for shelter data entry & management)
- Digital cameras
- SD cards
Animal Enrichment Needs:
The following items are used to ensure that the animals in HSSM’s care are both physically and mentally stimulated during their stay here.
- Dog Treats
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Cat Treats
- Spray bottles
- Cat toys
- Dog toys
- Stuffable Kong brand dog toys (Large/XL size)
General Shelter Needs:
Even though the following items do not directly provide care for the animals, these items are vital to HSSM’s operations. If these items were solely donated, it would save HSSM an estimated $1,500 a month that we could use towards direct animal programs!
- Toilet paper
- Paper Towels
- Copy/Printer Paper
- Mailing Labels
- Staples & Paper Clips
- Mops & Brooms
- Computer Monitors
Other Shelter Needs:
HSSM maintains a list of Special Opportunities for Donors, but the following items are also needed and accepted on a rolling basis.
- Gift Cards (for general supplies, office supplies, gas stations, and pet supplies)
- Donations of Frequent Flyer Miles
- Vehicle Donations
- Lawn Mower
- Dishwasher (preferably table top or portable)
- In-kind donation of storage unit (for disaster response supplies)
HSSM also maintains an Amazon.com Wish List which contains many items that you can purchase and then ship directly to HSSM!